Tropical storm warnings and watches have been issued for Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine as it approaches the Leeward Islands, according to the 2 p.m. advisory from the National Hurricane Center.
Florida is in the middle of the forecast path of what may become Tropical Storm Isaias later tonight or Wednesday.
An Air Force Reserve reconnaissance aircraft is currently investigating the system.
– Location: 510 miles east-southeast of the Leeward Islands
– Maximum sustained winds: 40 mph
– Movement: west at 23 mph
– The estimated minimum central pressure is 1007 mb
* Formation chance through 48 hours…high…90 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days…high …90 percent
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for:
* Puerto Rico, Vieques, Culebra
* U.S. Virgin Islands
* British Virgin Islands
* Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, and Anguilla
* Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Martin, and St. Barthelemy
* Saba and St. Eustatius
* St. Maartin